NW ADVENTURE RIDERS (NWADVR)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
NWADVR is NW Adventure Riders
1: DONATION POLICY AND CANCELLATIONS
2: A.W.A.R.L ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
3: RIDER AND RIDE RULES
1: NW ADVENTURE RIDERS (NWADVR)
DONATION POLICY AND CANCELLATIONS.
NWADVR IS A NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION. OUR EVENTS COME AT A COST TO US AND WE ONLY ASK FOR A MINIMUM DONATION FEE TO HELP US COVER THESE COSTS. WE DO OUR BEST TO CALCULATE A MINIMUM COST’S BASED ON THE TOTAL EVENT RIDER COUNT. ANY PROFITS ABOVE OUR EVENT COSTS WILL BE DONATED TO THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION.
- Riders who donate for events and rides will be place on the available riders list above Free entry riders. Riders list limited to maximum amount of riders per event or ride.
- Your donation(s) will be refunded only if NWADVR cancels the event(s) or ride(s) that you have registered for.
- Your donation(s) will not be refunded if you cancel the event(s) or ride(s) that you have registered for. Or, if you choose not to show up for the event(s).
- Free entry riders will be placed on the event(s) or ride(s) riders list based on a first come first served basis. Free entry riders will be moved down and possible removed from the riders if a new donation rider registers for the same event.
- Cancellation of your order(s) and or event(s) will have to be done through your NWADVR account.
2: NW ADVENTURE RIDERS (NWADVR)
ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY (AWRL)
I acknowledge that this motorcycle event can be an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to: actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, owners, event officials, event monitors and/or producers of the event; lack of hydration, weather, and/or other natural conditions. I hereby assume all the risks of participating in this event.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficient motorcycle on and off road riding skills for participation in this event and I am legally licensed to ride public roads.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability (AWRL) form will be used by NWADV RIDERS AND GRESHAM POWER SPORTS, and all the sponsors of the event in which I may participate and it will govern my actions and responsibilities at aid event.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) Waive, release, and discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me or my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: NWADV RIDERS AND GRESHAM POWER SPORTS, and their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents, the event sponsors and event volunteers, (B) indemnify and hold harmless all entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of my actions during this event.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this event.
I hereby consent to receive meals prepared and served by volunteers in the event of food sickness or illness during this event.
NWADVR will not purchase or provide alcohol to participants at their events.
I understand that at this event or related activities I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and/or assigns.
This AWRL shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under the applicable law.
NWADV RIDERS and GRESHAM POWER SPORTS reserves all right to reject or cancel any rider from organized events who has not agreed to the AWRL or for any other reason.
3: NWADV RIDERS ‘GROUP RIDE RULES’ GUIDE.
OUR GROUP RIDE SYSTEM WORKS SUCCESSFULLY WHEN ALL RIDERS FOLLOW A FEW SIMPLE RULES. LET US EXPLAIN…
- THE RIDE FORMAT CONSIST OF A LEAD RIDER AND A SWEEP RIDER WITH THE PARTICIPATING RIDERS IN THE GROUP
- THIS RIDE IS DESIGNED AS A CHAIN AND LEAP-FROG STYLE RIDE
- AT ANY GIVEN TIME THERE CAN BE MULTIPLE RIDERS SET AT CORNERS OR INTERSECTIONS TO DIRECT TRAFFIC
- THE LEADER WILL LEAD ALL OF THE RIDERS THROUGHOUT THE COURSE
- THE LEADER WILL SET THE SPEED AND PACE OF THE RIDE
- THE LEADER WILL START AND STOP THE GROUP AS NEEDED
- THE LEADER WILL ASSIGN RIDERS, AT WILL, TO MONITOR CORNERS AND INTERSECTIONS ALONG THE RIDE
- THE LEADER WILL PLACE RIDERS AT CORNERS AND INTERSECTIONS IN A SAFE AND CLEAR VIEW OF ONCOMING RIDERS
- THE SWEEPER WILL ALWAYS BE THE LAST RIDER IN THE GROUP
- THE SWEEPER WILL KEEP TRACK OF RIDER HEAD COUNT
- THE SWEEPER WILL INITIATE TIME STARTS ON DUSTY ROADS AND TRAILS
- THE SWEEPER IS THE ONLY RIDER TO RELEASE RIDERS FROM THEIR MONITORING POST
GROUP RIDERS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- WHEN A GROUP RIDER HAS BEEN ASSIGNED BY THE LEADER TO MONITOR A CORNER OR INTERSECTION. THAT RIDER MUST PULL AWAY FROM THE GROUP AND STOP IN PLACE WHERE THE LEADER HAS ASSIGNED THE RIDER TO POST. THE LEADER WILL MAKE EYE CONTACT AND POINT TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WHERE THE RIDER NEEDS TO STOP AT. A POSTED RIDER MUST REMAIN AT THEIR POST AND MONITOR THAT POST UNTIL THE SWEEP RIDERS WAVES AND RELEASES THE POSTED RIDER BACK INTO THE GROUP. IF A RIDER LEAVES THEIR POST WITHOUT BEING WAVED BACK IN BY THE SWEEPER, THEN THE GROUP RIDE CHAIN WILL BREAK AND THE RIDE IS AT RISK OF ENDING (DON’T BE THAT GUY)
- WHEN A RIDER HAS BEEN POSTED AS A MONITOR, THAT RIDER NEEDS TO BE IN A CLEAR VIEW OF THE OTHER ONCOMING RIDERS TO DIRECT THEM IN THE DIRECTION OF THE LEADER
- A POSTED RIDER NEEDS TO POINT IN CLEAR AND VISIBLE MANNER TO DIRECT ONCOMING RIDERS
- THE SWEEPER WILL RELEASE THE POSTED RIDER WITH A WAVE OF HIS ARM AND MAKE SURE THAT THE RELEASED RIDERS IS IN FRONT OF THEM
- RELEASED POSTED RIDERS ARE FREE TO REJOIN THE GROUP
- GROUP RIDERS… !DO NOT WAVE AT THE POSTED RIDER! WAVING AT A POSTED RIDER MAY CONFUSE THIS RIDER AND MAKE THEM THINK THEY HAVE BEEN RELEASED FROM THEIR POST (AGAIN, DON’T BE THAT GUY)
- OPEN POSITIONING IS ALLOWED BETWEEN THE LEADER AND THE SWEEPER. GROUP RIDERS CAN RACE AND CHASE AND PASS EACH OTHER. BE RESPECTFUL OF SLOWER RIDERS AND NO BRAKE CHECKING ALLOWED
- GROUP RIDERS MUST NEVER PASS THE LEADER
BREAKDOWNS OR DELAYS:
- IN THE EVENT OF A BREAK DOWN OR DELAY. THE SWEEP RIDER WILL STOP AND ASSIST THE RIDER(S). IF A FUNCTIONING RIDER IS AVAILABLE, THE SWEEP RIDER WILL ASSIGN THAT RIDER TO CONTINUE ON AND SPREAD THE WORD TO THE RIDERS ON POST AND TO THE LEADER ABOUT THE DELAY. POSTED RIDERS MUST REMAIN AT THEIR POST UNTIL THE SWEEP RIDER RELEASES THEM.
- DUSTY ROAD CONDITIONS MAY LEAD TO A TIME START. THE SWEEPER WILL HOLD BACK THE RIDERS FOR A GIVEN AMOUNT OF TIME AND RELEASE THEM ONE AT A TIME AS DUST CONDITIONS CLEAR